- After being admitted to UIC, complete the Campus Housing Application along with a US $50 non-refundable application fee and US$100 (refundable) security deposit. (All funds must be in US currency.)
- Assignments are made in a rolling fashion based on the date we receive the application fee and deposit. You are guaranteed a room, regardless of when you apply but building and room preferences are based on your Campus Housing application date.
- There are no application deadlines for graduate students.
- Contracts with housing assignments will be sent out starting January 2 for Spring semester and June 1 for Fall semester. Contracts are sent out on a rolling basis after the initial contracts are sent.
- Receipt of application by the Campus Housing Office (or the date of a student’s admission to UIC, whichever is later) determines priority date for assignment.
To submit a Housing application, you will be required to log in with your UIC netid and password. You will use your account to access many university resources, so it is important you set it up as soon as possible. After being admitted to the university, you should follow all the steps listed on the “New Accounts” section of the Academic Computing and Communications Center (ACCC) accounts page to obtain and activate your netid. Be sure to read all information on those pages! If you have any problems or questions setting up your netid or UIC email, please contact the ACCC. The Housing department cannot help you with computer account problems.
Already Started an Application?
If you have already started an application, you can continue the application process here.
Worried about who your roommate will be? Check out RoomSync to find the perfect roommate.
Application Process for Summer Semester
Applications for Summer will be available online beginning of April each year. Visit www.housing.uic.edu/summer for more information.
What is a priority date?
A priority date is the date your application is started online. If you are not yet admitted to the University, the priority date will become active the date you are admitted to the University.
How will I be billed for housing?
Campus Housing charges are billed once per semester according to the contract dates.
Is there a way I can change my preferences?
To change your preferences, please sign in here.
How can I cancel my application?
You can cancel your application in writing by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), faxing to (312) 355-6304 or regular mail. Our postal address is:
- UIC Campus Housing
- 818 S. Wolcott Avenue (Suite 220)
- Chicago, Illinois 60612